IUD insertions are performed here at SRFD by Dr Nicola Roberts.
The Intra Uterine Device ( IUD ) is a type of long-acting reversible contraception. It is a small, T-shaped object that goes inside your uterus to prevent pregnancy.
When can i get my IUD put in?
An IUD can be put in at any time you choose. Some good times to get it put in are;
- While you have your period or just after
- 6 weeks after your baby is born
- At the time of a surgical abortion
- As emergency contraception after unprotected sex (Copper IUD)
Process for IUD insertions
1. Pre insertion appointment with one of the GP`s, standard consultation charge.
2. IUD insertion appointment $200.
3. 6 week checkup- done by Nurse. Charge included in $200 insertion fee.